Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ah, the beauty that is Hartsfield-Jackson

Well, I'm at airpot one of the journey awaiting my flight to San Fransisco. Daddy dropped me off here around 8:30ish and I was at my gate an hour later. Security was a breeze; I was through that in less than five minutes. So, I've been hanging out at gate A24 for several hours now, mostly playing on the computer.

The weather is overcast and a bit rainy; I'm real excited about flying into those clouds, let me tell you. I'm suddenly reminded of the Mr. Bean sketch of the kid puking on plane. In case you've never had the pleasure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T403eJoOcE

So here's a fine example of my luck. I sit down at the gate, the empty gate, mind you, with my tea and parfait. There are seats everywhere, but where do the next people to come to the gate sit? Right next to me. Yup. And they are somewhat lacking in their hygiene. Then the woman took off her shoes. This was not good times. I have since moved seats. They are both asleep now, stretched out on six seats. Guess I'm too much of an Atlanta girl; ain't no way I'm falling asleep in Hartfield-Jackson with all my belongings setting beside me. But then again, I don't have eau d'toe as a security measure.

2 comments:

  1. Eau de toe -- gotta remember that one! :) Hope your flights are all safe and uneventful!

    (I'm your first follower, btw.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be used to lovely old ladies...Daddy and I hope you have a blast. We love you.

    ReplyDelete